Lunars and Chaos

From: Nick Brooke <nick_at_etyries.com>
Date: Sat, 19 Jul 2003 12:18:07 +0100

Greg writes:

> The reaction against chaos is innate and natural, biological
> or hard wired, I think. It is loathsome and we react against
> it instincively. It's not something that we decide on. When a
> person looks at a corpse or a snake or a desirable member of
> the opposite sex then we have a biological reaction.
> Same for chaos, and it frightens and disgusts everything that
> is not chaos.

Goddess be praised that we Lunars can overcome these crude animal instincts through our superior philosophical understanding. The alternative would be benighted savagery...

Also;

>> And frex, because no one noted it: is the Moonbroth
>> thing completely non-canon? FWIW, if the freakin'
>> Praxians can ally with Chaos, the "All chaos is bad
>> chaos" argument seems flawed. But I remember it was
>> TotRM, so it may not be canon...

The best explanation I heard was from Joerg: the Praxians 'herded' a passel of broos at lance-point, forcing them against the Lunar ranks. The line-up at the Battle of Moonbroth is from "Borderlands" (for what that's worth). Here's Joerg:

http://glorantha.temppeli.org/digest/gd4/1997.05/3267.html

Cheers, Nick