[gta-observer] Mostali Gremlins hard at work

From: gta-observer-admin_at_rpglist.org
Date: Tue, 22 Jul 2003 21:09:12 -0700

Greetings to the Tribe,

It seems that while we were busy, some gremlins infiltrated our offices and managed to infest several projects. We have contained them again, but not without cost.

HEROQUEST
The greatest casualty was our July release date for HeroQuest. We are sorry to announce that HeroQuest will be delayed until August, 2003. A number of problems with our printer pushed back production by several weeks, with the result that we could not get the books shipped in time for a July release. We are confident that the book will be ready in time for the new release date set by Steve Jackson Games. We apologize to everyone for this delay, especially the 160 heroic individuals who pre-ordered the special hardcover edition of the book. We appreciate their extra support. At this stage we cannot be certain of the exact date the special hardcover editions will be back from the printer, but if they are in our hands before the general release date, we will mail them out at once rather than wait for the bulk shipment of the perfectbound edition.

We also apologize for not saying something sooner, but we did not want to make the announcement until all of the issues had been resolved.

Unfortunately, this will cause a delay in the release of Hero's Book as well, which we expect will now be a September release. (However, it is _not_ going to the same printer.) We hope that Dragon Pass: Land of Thunder will still be an October release, but that depends in part on when some artwork is completed, including several brand new pieces by legendary Gloranthan artist and cartographer William Church.

HeroQuest Voices is almost ready (we are awaiting some last-second artwork). We will make it available to those who registered their special edition first, as originally planned, but will then make it generally available as soon as HeroQuest itself ships.

We would like to recognize and thank those members of the tribe who have supported us online during this crisis, helping to reassure and calm the rest of the tribe. And for the members of the tribe itself, for their continued faith in us despite the disappointment of the missed release date.

Again, we are sorry for the delays. For what it is worth, after the time, love, and effort we have spent on this book, we are no less disappointed by this extra delay than the rest of the tribe. But we fully expect that HeroQuest will be worth the long wait.

WWW.GLORANTHA.COM
We discovered today that our web host, Verio, was infested with gremlins when the server migration was completed, and our domain name did not update to the new IP address. Verio has entered the correction, but it will take 4-5 days to propogate through Arachne Solara's world wide web. Until then, please use www.issaries.com to access the official Glorantha site. And expect to see many changes on the site between now and when HeroQuest is released!

In the meantime, Verio's limitations in this and other areas have become more and more obvious to us, and we are considering switching our ISP when next our term comes up. If anyone wants to point us towards a provider with flexible hosting plans, especially in areas of server space and bandwidth, we would be most appreciative.

WAREHOUSE 23
There have been a few problems with Warehouse 23 orders recently, for which we apologize. We do ask everyone in the tribe to remember that our relationship with Steve Jackson Games and Warehouse 23 is still relatively new, and also to remember that they are a long-established company, with policies in force well before our agreement with them. In particular, we would like everyone to keep the following things in mind:

  1. Pre-orders have no absolute shipping date. Although a book may have an advertised release date, Warehouse 23 has no control over when the book will actually ship.
  2. Warehouse 23 will not hold items, and they do not ship partial orders. If you order several items at once, and one of them is an item that is out of stock or on pre-order, Warehouse 23 will wait to process the entire order until the pre-ordered or out of stock item is available. During this time, other items on the order might become unavailable, and the W23 staff might not be aware of the need to inform you of this immediately. If you want to pre-order a book, or order a book that is out of stock, Warehouse 23 and Issaries strongly urge you to place it on a separate order from any other products. This will help to prevent problems with other items going out of stock, such as the limited number of copies Issaries has of the Gloranthan Classics reprints.
  3. If you do have any problems, please email Warehouse 23 directly BUT also cc me at warehouse23_at_glorantha.com. This will ensure that I can track the problem, coordinate with Warehouse 23, and perhaps offer an alternative solution if Warehouse 23 cannot resolve the problem. We have been able to help resolve several issues because I was aware of the problem from the beginning.

GTA MAILING LIST
No gremlins have infested the rpglist.org server so far, and we have elven archers on patrol to make sure they don't. But, if you contact us with a change of email address, please do expect to get an "unsubscribe" message from rpglist.org to the _old_ email address. Please don't be alarmed at this; it is an automated feature of the mailing list. And although we try to send a confirmation of each new address added as well, we sometimes forget. Even so, be assured that if we removed your old address, we added your new address as well, even if you don't get a confirmation.

GENCON
While we were busy working on HeroQuest and chasing down gremlins, GenCon somehow shifted ahead in time, and now starts in just a couple of days, catching me very much unprepared. If any members of the tribe are going to be at GenCon, please take some time to go to the Adventure Retail booth, which is the official sales representative of Steve Jackson Games at the show, and thus of Issaries. If you are running a HeroQuest even, or even just want to have a demo game or find some players, Jerry Corrick should be able to put out flyers or sign-up lists. Although Issaries will not be there due to my and Greg's personal time commitments, we hope that the Glorantha Tribe will show up in force.

LOOKING BACK (AND FORWARDS)
Looking back on this year, things have not always gone as planned. We apologize for this, and hope that we can start catching up our schedule and commitments once HeroQuest is released and in stores. If you want to see something from us, let us know! If we make a mistake, there is a broken link on our site, or you spot an error in a publication, tell us about it so that we can make it right: no one can face the world alone.

As always, we thank you for your continued support of Issaries and Glorantha. You are the tribe!

Cheers,

Stephen

Stephen Martin
<administrator_at_glorantha.com>
Issaries, Inc., publisher of HeroQuest, Roleplaying in Glorantha P.O. Box 272914 Concord, CA 94527
Phone: (925) 680-8897
See our extensive web site at <www.HeroQuest-rpg.com>

End of Glorantha Digest