The Sage tested his disciples

From: TERRA INCOGNITA <inarsus-ferilt-z_at_mrg.biglobe.ne.jp>
Date: Wed, 23 Jul 2003 23:08:43 +0900

Olli Kantola:
> >Recently, Greg talked about the difficulty to achieve Mystical Liberation
> >for ordinary people, and many of eastern people invented many
substitutional
> >metod to achieve Liberation without such difficulty, like VenForn
practice,
> >Austerity, Martial Art, etc....Kralori chose Magico-Centralized Nation
under
> >Dragon-Emperor=Bodhisattiva. He will lead poor populace to achieve Summer
> >Land without any Mystical Discipline. I think these are all condemned by
>
> That is just great and a very serious reason why Kralorela has maintained
> its integrity and stability.

Vormain and Kralorela both had their own Emperor, it might be the center of their culture and civilization. And it might be the common practice for the land of Abzered (Land of Osdero (Metsyla)). In RW, common practice of China, Korea and Japan is Confucianism, not Buddhism.

> That is very intrigueing indeed. In the (or should I say some) taoist
> scheme ying and yang are constantly changing into each other and the only
> constant is change. Do the Kra and Lo mean that although things seem to
> change, the Dragon remains unchanged? So that there is an ebb and flow to
> things, but they eternally stay the same?

And I might have to point out that RW taoism alchemists DIDN'T believe spirit without body (or dead without life) in their cosmology. So they want to live eternally by compounding mercury, sulphur and lead without leaving their body, like Gloranthan Brithini.

(Of course, WE KNOW mercury is deadly poison and many of RW chinese emperors died for it, but taoists explained these death are for True Sages pretending their death to ordinary world for they don't want to confuse populace by showing illusion, and many of true worshippers later found a doll or a scrap of paper in their coffin.

<<Finally, the taoist Sage understood how to make the Pill of Immortality, but he was not sure his disciples were worth for it. So he wanted to test them, he called three of his disciples on the shrine of top of the mountain and said,

"I think I can managed to make the pill of immortality, but I am not sure it will work well, so let me test firstly, and drink it later." He drank it and pretended death.

The two of disciples were perfectly astonished and bewildered by the result and said,

"We long learn the way of his Sagacity and to attain immortality, but it seems it is naught, we rather go back to mundane world rather than to vainly follow our tutor and die."

So they left the shrine. Only the last one of them truly understood the intention of his tutor and also drank the Pill, and the immortal Two left a letter to the faithless two disciples and ascended to Immortal World. (Much of the abandoned repent)......>>

> Message: 4
> From: "Greg Stafford" <greg_at_glorantha.com>
> To: glorantha_at_rpglist.org
> Subject: Vormain
> Date: Tue, 22 Jul 2003 14:26:25 -0800
>
> >From: "TERRA INCOGNITA"
>
> >I added unofficial dynasties of Vormain, please
> >teach me if you think
> >somewhere should be corrected or deleted. (I
> >suppose some (most) of them
> >might be changed in future gregging.)
>
> Might? Count on it.

Ok, I should correct it to "should".