Re: Glorantha digest, Vol 9 #506 - 4 msgs

From: Jérôme Blondel <jeblondel_at_free.fr>
Date: Wed, 23 Jul 2003 19:58:30 +0200

> From: "Stewart Stansfield" <stewart_at_cynoscephalae.freeserve.co.uk>
>
> I certainly agree. Creating minor volcano gods is immense fun!
>
> Simon:
> > The Fiery warlike female, Earthy peaceful male is one of the interesting
> > things about the C&A cult, in my opinion. It breaks the stereotypes quite
> > nicely.
>
> That is very true. Pele of Hawaiian myth is one of the most violent of our
> world's volcano deities, replacing the older, more peaceful male 'Aila'au.
> It's quite refreshingly different from a mythic viewpoint to have overall
> fertility aspects concentrated in the masculine in such a level.

I remember reading a story about folk who sailed away from home not knowing where they were going, and found Hawaii because there was that big red star they had never seen before (was a volcano.)

It pretty much ties up with those Lodril myths: really a star god, but he came down to earth to do what? guide the First Caladran Migrants to their home, back in the Gods War (flood and the like??) Maybe their starting place was Jrustela?

Jerome