Re: Kuyaku and Vormain

From: Peter Metcalfe <metcalph_at_quicksilver.net.nz>
Date: Sun, 27 Jul 2003 11:33:49 +1200

Terra Incognita:

> > 3rd House Metsyla (Osdero)

> > Starts after Oorsu Sara's first conquest and ends in the destruction
> > of Abzered. Thereafter the Imperial Houses rule only over Vormain
> > and suject territories.

>Then you want to delete the setting of area difference of 3rd (Ghenisl) and
>4th House (Chadau)? (Or you want to keep them for they are compatible?)

That suggestion was made before Revealed Mythologies (or even Missing Lands) came out with new Vithelan mythology. I might change the different settings to a later house.

> > 5th House Sekever dynasty.
> >
> > After Valzain retires, the new house relaxes the rigid Isolation. This
> > triggers a brief and ghastly reign of horrors that is finally crushed by
> > the heroic founders of the next house.

>In your (or Alex's) old script, 5th Dynasty was the actual beginning of
>Vormain history. Then, Sekever is the successor of Valzain......

Sekever is a bad successor. This dynasty is an example of why the Isolation is a Good Thing.

> > 7th House
> >
> > Notable for the philosophical ideas of the Sage Enrono and the victories
> > of the warrior Kumanti Lun. Overthrown from within by corrupt FoShan,
> > which the modern Vormaino attribute to foreign ideas.
>
>Kumanti Lun is one of Three Heroes of Austerity War. Though as I said, I
>don't want to decide too much about the order of events, in your setting
>perhaps they lived too long, if they were human or demigod, not god.

They lived as long as heroic humans did in those days. I would read Valare Addi's comments about Daxdarius (Entekosiad p38) for reasons why this could be so.

>If I understand precisely the line of your words, It seems you think
>Austerity War (Early Human Cycle: Grey Age?) is not concern of Vormaino.
>Kumanti Lun is one of attackers to Sortum.

I presume Kumanti Lun had permanently left Vormain at this time.

--Peter Metcalfe

End of Glorantha Digest