Re: sea spirits or sea gods ?

From: Julian Lord <jlord_at_free.fr>
Date: Mon, 28 Jul 2003 08:49:12 +0200

Philippe :

> > Chances are, like trolls, some do one and
> > some the other. I'd guess blue elves are similar to other Aldryami,
> > having 'Murthdrya Tradition' as their default and mostly being
> > animists.
>
> Aldraymi are animists ?

More or less.

> > As for the others, in the absence of definitive HQ
> > information, I'd go back to RuneQuest and see what that said. Magasta,
> > Triolina and Wachaza are all clearly gods back in RQ (i.e. they have
> > no shamans in their cults).
>
> I suppose I'll then base Triolina on the Esrola Animal Mothers cults in
> Storm Tribe. It could have been more like Telmor or other animal
> spirits.

Which would be very inaccurate.

She's far more like an unreachable Great Spirit Mother (in human terms) than an animal mother. She combines Liquid and Action/Spirit, and she may or may not have awoken or gained a third portion, too.

People worship her mainly through her children and other intermediaries, or so Wyrms Footprints suggests.

> > Further, ludoch are described as using
> > divine magic, which we would now call Theist. Malasps could be either
> > priests or shamans, and so presumably have both Theists and Animists
> > in roughly equal numbers, just like trolls.
>
> That's an interesting way to use old sources. Sort of an archeological
> research :)

:-)

Julian Lord