Re: Rinliddi Sport - Dance

From: Roderick and Ellen Robertson <rjremr_at_sierratel.com>
Date: Thu, 21 Aug 2003 07:37:44 -0700

> The traditional sport of the Rinliddi is a form of competitive dance which
> involves couples or teams of dancers performing in front of a panel of
> judges who award marks in a complex system where a perfect performance
> scores 6 (rarely if ever awarded as the next dancers could be better) and
> lesser scores are 5.5, 5.4, 5.3, 5.2, 5.1 and 5.0. In serious competition
> lower scores are just not awarded as they would be an insult to the
dancers.
> Judging is done in two catagories - Artistic Impression (how well the
> dancers interpreted the music) and Technical Merit (how many of the
expected
> difficult steps were performed correctly). The judges are all ex-dancers
> themselves and mostly involved in training the current dancers so it is
> practically impossible for anyone not trained by a small clique to score
> highly in the competitions.

Remember the highly-publicized cheating scandal of 1598? Two Judges from Diavizzi were bribed to let the Birin traditional team win. They developed a foot code to signal their scores to each other. And what about the time Azurina was hit in the elbow with a mace? They finally found that her nearest rival's nest-mate was the mastermind behind it.

"And a 3.2 from the Ganbarri Judge"

RR
- Richelieu