On race

From: Mikko Rintasaari <rintasaa_at_mail.student.oulu.fi>
Date: Tue, 26 Aug 2003 14:39:48 +0300 (EEST)

:This is not an attack on Mikko´s ideas or conceptions, but I do want to
:state, before your discussions start on this, that to me most people in
:Glorantha aresome shade of brown, not anglos.
:
:Sincerely,
:Greg Stafford

Not at all, this is the sort of detail I love.

Too bad this (the brown heortlings) didn't come up earlier (to us fan's, that is). I'm afraid most of us are pretty stuck with the scandi / celtic heortlings by now.

So I suppose I'll have to turn your vision around, and have an arabic looking high-culture in the west. It would parhaps also give a more distinctive look for the future artwork for the sorceror knights etc. books.

Oh, and I'm actually aware of the difference in appearance between us nordic types and the greeks. That's sort of what I was trying to hilight in putting some difference between the heortlings and the Dara Happans.

For what it's worth I consider the differences in appearance between scandinavians, the greeks and arabs to be fairly subtle (thinking about asians and africans here).

But thank you for that interesting tidbit Greg,

        -Adept: Finland

I think I think... Therefore I think I am.