[From HeroQuest-RPG] Re: 'elf' attitudes

From: Julian Lord <jlord_at_free.fr>
Date: Tue, 26 Aug 2003 20:09:07 +0200

David :

> I think aldryami, being longer-lived than humans, would tend to take
> the long view of things. They would be well aware of cycles.
>
> There might well be dissension, however, and it could easily be on
> "class" lines. (Though I thought trees often survive fires, while
> it's the smaller stuff that burns off.)

No ; but some trees grow faster than others, and I think that's where the difference lies.

Green Elves living in pine forests (southern European pine) might allow it, for instance, as their forests would grow back in about a single (human) generation. Those associated with olive groves, or Brown Elves associated with oak forests for example, certainly wouldn't.

Just my .02 €

Julian Lord