Earthsea - Le Guin [OT rant]

From: Julian Lord <jlord_at_free.fr>
Date: Sun, 31 Aug 2003 17:01:21 +0200

Mikko :

> Terra grumbles:
> > I don't like recent her new series of Earthsea for "vulgar feminism"
> > attached to classic great trilogy. Grumble.....
>
> Vulgar? That's a bit rich.

Not IMO.

The Earthsea trilogy is simply magical.

The new book (or is that bookS ? I squirm at the thought) that I read was a piece of dismally trite unoriginal feelgood politically correct drivel.

Vulgar ? Doesn't half do the book justice IMnotsoHO

> LeQuinn _is_ a feminist, and I don't see anything wrong with that.

But feminism is not literature.

Especially not classic fantasy literature that everyone fell in love with as a child.

Just imagine Tolkien coming back from the grave and writing an anti-homophobic sequel to LOTR. Brrrrrrrrrrrr .... !!!!!!!

I shudder to imagine that this thread might one day become relevant to Glorantha ...

Julian Lord