Re: Feminism - literature or HeroQuest?

From: Julian Lord <jlord_at_free.fr>
Date: Wed, 03 Sep 2003 09:03:33 +0200

Jeremy :

> > But feminism is not literature.
>
> Feminism may or may not be literature - but isn't it a great example of
> an extended HeroQuest? Is not LeGuin HeroQuesting to discover new
> meaning in the world of Earthsea?

Just to be clear, I've read some of her non-Earthsea feminist stuff, and enjoyed it.

To clarify further, adding extra words to a perfect work (ie original Earthsea trilogy) is IMO A Bad Idea.

I just think that she has badly confused her feminist leanings with the literary genius of the original Earthsea trilogy, to the great detriment of the latter.

Hmmm maybe this should be taken to OpenHeroQuest ?

Julian

End of Glorantha Digest