Inner Magic

From: Antonio Alvarez del Cuvillo <antalvarez1976_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Thu, 11 Sep 2003 02:09:56 +0200

> > I was trying to make a new cult write-up on Kralorela and I came up with
> > serious problem. My "cult" was a wizardly order. I know that the Kralori
> > have wizards as well as theists and animists. I made an assumption that
> > their are mainly theistic, however. That got me thinking. . .

IMO, there is a sort of different magic for some Kung-Fu warriors, Shaolin, jedi, and the like. I can't find a proper name for this, nor in english nor in spanish, so, by the moment, I call it "Inner Magic".

We know that Common Magic comes from the Mortal World, and Common Talents are just derived from the magician's inner cualities. But Common Magic is not powerful. Some people say that the common talents are not powerful because people doesn't know theirselves properly, is a matter of depth. There is a difficult and long way of deeper self-knowing (using Meditation, Martial Arts, Inner Alchemy, Yoga-like practices, etc.), for reaching properly Internal Energies.

They are not centered in any particular Other World, because they see the different Worlds as differents levels of the inner self (rational thinking, emotions...) They see the different Myths as allegories, symbols or metaphors of inner processes, and they can HeroQuest in the Hero Planes; for they, this is a travel to the depths of their mind. They are Concentrated in Inner Magic, and usually they can mix differents kinds of magic: some spells, some feats, some spirits; in fact, for them, they are Deeper Talents, Siddhi Powers or something like that). I would make an analogy with specialization in Lunar Magic.

A lot of this people think that they are Mystics, because they say that they experience the Trascendence directly. But the True Mystic would say 'They are too much self-centered for Reaching Liberation, the individual conscience is an illusion".

In Kralorela, I suppose there are many 'practices' (not the animist term): some theistic, some sorcerous, some animist, and a lot of them have draconic Secrets. But also (IMG), there are also Inner Practices with draconic secrets, too.

Perhaps one of them is the Imperial Religion, though it is centered in the group, not the individual (we are a dragon). It's a Common Religion that provides Common Talents, but the Mandarins and the Exarcs have more powerful understandings and magic (I'm the dragon that we are), without concentrating (IMO) in a single Other World.

Regards,

Antonio