More and more Kralorela

From: TERRA INCOGNITA <inarsus-ferilt-z_at_mrg.biglobe.ne.jp>
Date: Thu, 11 Sep 2003 21:15:01 +0900

Antonio wrote:
> IMO, there is a sort of different magic for some Kung-Fu warriors,
Shaolin,
> jedi, and the like. I can't find a proper name for this, nor in english
nor
> in spanish, so, by the moment, I call it "Inner Magic".

Yes, I know such system added to New rules.

> There is a difficult and long way of deeper self-knowing (using
Meditation,
> Martial Arts, Inner Alchemy, Yoga-like practices, etc.), for reaching
> properly Internal Energies.

Maybe almost all of them are one of Three Systems.

> They are Concentrated in
> Inner Magic, and usually they can mix differents kinds of magic: some
> spells, some feats, some spirits; in fact, for them, they are Deeper
> Talents, Siddhi Powers or something like that). I would make an analogy
with
> specialization in Lunar Magic.

Piroki wrote a good synopsis for new rules. (though in Japanese...)

> In Kralorela, I suppose there are many 'practices' (not the animist term):
> some theistic, some sorcerous, some animist, and a lot of them have
draconic
> Secrets. But also (IMG), there are also Inner Practices with draconic
> secrets, too.

I don't want to deny your idea. But Mark Galeotti has the final answer, read Hero Quest Voices (I want to read it before the deadline of Tradetalk (this month)....for my Lur Nop article).

Me:
> >There's no official answer, I suppose. But Peter
> >and I agree you in a broad
> >meaning, If I understand correctly Peter's several
> >statements.

Greg Stafford:
> MY official answer is that MIXED RELIGIONS ARE NORMAL EVERYWHERE.
> It says this in HQ.

My copy is not yet to come, Wizard Attic was faster than warehouse 23 :-(

> >> What would the otherside be like for wizards in a
> >theistic culture?
>
> It is exactly like the Otherside for ANY sorcerers. ALL sorcery comes from
the same place.

Even that of Black Arkati?

You spoke about Culture while I talked about Society. "All" of Heortlings are theists of Ernalda and Orlanth.

> >> Lunars cheat their way out of this. The moon is a
> >part of all the
> >> otherworlds and/or something that is foreign to
> >all of them.
>
> OR, perhaps, the Moon is Part of Everything...
> And maybe, THIS MOON is part of everyting.

Greg spoke something profound thing.....

> >for they
> >have experienced until recently its lethargy and
> >only Somash priests have
> >proper power to be called political forces until
> >Harstar begin to rebel
> >against Garusharp and Pubnashap. Perhaps it is
> >similar to Heortling.
>
> Kralorela is a grand, grand mixture of cults, churches, rites of all
types. They exist side by side without hostility.

Without hostility? Relativism and Absolutism. No such Society can be!

> TWIMOE.
I don't know this abbreviation.

Me:
> >I think draconism is composed from paradox, mysticism [that] denies the
> Middle
> >World as Garden of Temptation, but dragons created the World and made
[it]
> their
> >home.

Jonathan:
> I thought this was very insightful. Thank you.

See above, Greg didn't agree with me.

> I'm not too well informed on models for mysticism.

Be careful when you want to use this term. :-)

> My doubtlessly poorly informed
> imagination suggests that ultimately the Yelmic trend is thus the Many
> aspiring to the One--perhaps in some ways a more usual mysticism because
it
> a more familiar (and human) conception.

Mysticism again.....

> Maybe the two things are the same, but travelling in different temporal
> directions.

In fact, Greg and I talked about same thing differently.....sorry, this is bad joke.
Absolute thing is unreachable.