Port Cities/Ebay

From: Michael O'Brien <mrmob_at_ozemail.com.au>
Date: Thu, 25 Sep 2003 22:23:56 +1000

G'day,

Terra posted these links:

>Sog City [Sogolotha Manbrola]
>Nick Brooke's Website
>Map: http://www.btinternet.com/~Nick_Brooke/sog/sogolotha.htm

This hand-drawn map - which originally appeared in the Sog City Guide - was going to be professionally zwooshed up, (like Dario's version of the Nochet map) but we ran out of time. If Sog City looks vaguely familiar, that's because I of course based it on The Queen of Cities, Constantinople. Naturally, in the Glorantha version everything is maxed, so there are seven tiers of walls, not three, Hagia Sofia becomes the Church of Holy Law, and although it doesn't have minarets, it has live gargoyles! We also have Blues and Greens, but in Sog's case the factions are also their skin tones. Although Constantine the Great bedecked his constructed capital with holy relics from across the empire, we made it that Prince Hrestol the Exile was actually crucified here in the thirty-third year after the Dawning, at the orders of Zzabur the Arch Sorcerer. So it's a bit like Jerusalem too. Anyway, Nick has put the whole guide to he city up here:
http://www.btinternet.com/~Nick_Brooke/sog/index.htm

>Nochet [Esrolia Metropolis] (Umm, Dario's map is not with reduction of
>scale)
>Michael O'brien's Site
>Map: http://members.ozemail.com.au/~mrmob/portofnochetmap.html

...and Nochet too, is a bit Constantinople like, what with the enclaves for the Western Traders, and the chariot-racing: (http://members.ozemail.com.au/~mrmob/nochethippodrome.html)

Cheers,

MOB Here are the final items I am currently selling on Ebay as part of my great shelf reduction. Contrary to rumours of my demise, I am *not* selling off my entire Glorantha collection nor I am giving away my fascination for the lozenge (perhaps to my wife's annoyance as she's probably got better things to put on the remaining seven shelves of stuff).

TALES #13 - Go West special
TALES #14 - Prax part one
TALES #15 - Prax part two
TALES #16 - Lunar Special
TALES #18 - Sartar Special

WYRMS FOOTPRINTS
MURPHY'S RULES - this is Steve Jackson games compilation of the long running illustrated feature from Space Gamer Magazine that poked fun at stupid rules in RPGs. Chaosium and RQ gets a featured quite a few times in this book, including pointing out in "It's Just a Flesh Wound" that "in Chaosium's RUNEQUEST, cutting off both arms will kill a character with CON 20 but not a character with CON 5." Another favorite is the one that points out that in a "30 minute RUNEQUEST battle involving 6000 armoured, experienced warriors using Great Axes, more than 150 men will decapitate themselves and another 600 will chop off their own arms and legs". However, my favorite part of the book is the character sheet and errata for the game "Kung-Fu CB Mamas on Wheels vs the Motorcycle Aztec Wrestling Nuns"!

MICHAEL O'BRIEN - 9 Parker Street Richmond VIC 3121 Australia +61-3-9428-9048 mobile: 04-3828-9048 Email me: mrmob_at_ozemail.com.au
MOB's Glorantha Page: http://www.ozemail.com.au/~mrmob/glorindex.html **see my auctions of RARE, OOP and hard-to-find RuneQuest & Glorantha stuff (pruned from my bookcase) at: http://members.ebay.com/aboutme/mob_megacorp/

End of Glorantha Digest