Regional grains.

From: Alex Ferguson <abf_at_cs.ucc.ie>
Date: Wed, 1 Oct 2003 23:55:39 +0100

TI:
> In Kralorela, rice is cultivated, in Peloria, main crop is Maize (Corn)

Prior to Hon-Eel, it'd have been wheat in the uplands, and rice in the river valleys. I think both of these remain to quite a substantial degree, despite the progress of maize.

> Seshnelan crop goddess, Seshna is goddess of rye [in older setting]
> unreasonably (?), but I suppose Seshnela also has wheat as main crop.

Actually that seems rather appropriate to me. Hoardes of (doubtless mud-covered) Seshnegi peasants eating black rye bread, and the upper statum only eating wheat.

> Manirian Crop Goddess, Esrola is guardian of oats....but what is the use of
> it? Livestock feeding?

I'm reminded of Dr. Johnson on the nature of the delusion of the Scots as to oats being fit for human consumption...

Cheers,
Alex.