Re: Regional Grains

From: Graeme P. Bell <graemepbell_at_compuserve.com>
Date: Fri, 3 Oct 2003 10:43:48 +0100

Oatcakes... Porridge... Must fight the craving... Not merely fit for human consumption, but delicious.

That's something that could do with opening up in Glorantha - the fact that most regional cuisines have things in them that the neighbours find *repulsive* in concept. (Haggis!)

Great in mythic context - "How such and such a hero fed the tribe". Or "What happened to the tribe that ate X". Obviously the Praxians, Pentans and the Grazelanders will be well into those kind of stories.

And it's good for insults. c.f. Frogs/Rosbifs. What do you call someone who eats Walkapus... err... maybe not that example. Must be plenty others given Moonson's current mask.

Slante

Graeme

> I'm reminded of Dr. Johnson on the nature of the delusion of the Scots
> as to oats being fit for human consumption...
>
> Cheers,
> Alex.

End of Glorantha Digest