Carmanian Afterlife

From: Peter Metcalfe <metcalph_at_quicksilver.net.nz>
Date: Sat, 18 Oct 2003 12:30:02 +1300

Kevin:

> >No. Sorcerous Carmanians go to the Black Isle of Introspection where
> >they dissolve into the Carmanian version of Solace. Theistic
> >Carmanians do not go to Sword Bridge (that's an Orlanthi version)
> >but have their own version. I assume they follow the Bat to the
> >Black Mountain from whence Idojartos leads them to their own God's
> >home.

>This is very interesting. Where did you get the info on Carmanian
>Wizards going to the Black Isle or Carmanian Theists going to the Black
>Mountain?

The Black Isle is pretty much standard to all Malkioni being described in the Glorantha: Intro p239. The Black Mountain is part of Pelandan mythology and mentioned in the Entekosiad p36 and in p67.

>I did not know about an Orlanthi Sword Bridge.

There is a Bridge which bridges the River of Swords in KoS p68. I thought that is what you were referring to.

--Peter Metcalfe