Basques

From: Claude Manzato <manzato_at_club-internet.fr>
Date: Mon, 20 Oct 2003 19:49:34 +0200

Hello, Julian.

> > population in the 4th and 5th century, the statement is correct (with the
> > exception of Germanic Christians for whom Latin would have been a foreign
> > langauge (such as the Visigoths
>
> Visigoths > Vascons > Basques, BTW ...

Are you sure of this? All my sources point that the Basques where there before the Roman or even the Celts came, let alone the Goths. Their tongue isn't related to any other one know (or so a am I told, and having heard some basque I would agree...), and they are supposed to live in Basque country between France and Spain for more than 6000 years, having come from the east like many others european people.
But maybe I'm not up to date on the subject...

--

"DISTANCE, n.
      The only thing that the rich are willing for the poor to call theirs, and keep. "

End of Glorantha Digest