Replies to England? and Italy?

From: TERRA INCOGNITA <inarsus-ferilt-z_at_mrg.biglobe.ne.jp>
Date: Wed, 22 Oct 2003 21:41:28 +0900

MOB:
> I prefer the more prosaic translation "knock head". Unlike his British
> compatriots who refused to kowtow and so got to taste the death of a
> thousand cuts, Harry Flashman is always enthusiastically banging his
noggin
> in "Flashman and the Dragon".

British Glorious Days.....? :-)
http://www.harryflashman.org/vol8.htm

Gian:
> Fine map, Terra and Efendi: I am interested in such an
> approach to gloranthan economy.
> I would be interested in a more detailed map, also.
> Regional "production" and trade flows would be
> excellent.

Such map Efendi made already exists, but I found it is impossible? to expose the one, for it based on copyright material Genertela Map. (At least, Greg didn't show positive answer to me.) We have sought good detailed map freely usable ever since.

> > South Loskalm (Appro: 140,0000), Rindland of
> (snip)
> > (1,500,000)
>
> are you considering just human population or do you
> add together the elder races (their *ehm* diet could
> be very different from the human's of course)?

I only translated his material, please give me some time for research.

> I like the concept that in Glorantha magic places
> (such as Dragon Pass) are comparable to oil rich RW
> areas (such as the Persian Gulf).

Though James Frusetta thinks that petrolium exists in Glorantha, mainly trolls use it for drink. It has similar effect to alcohol for uz....Jamuz thinks.

See his wonderhome.

> A serious approach
> to economy in Glorantha should not be disjointed from
> availability of rough magic sources (a la the brown
> dragon). I would add a magic rune to the map.

Greg has written many about "Little World" and "Landscape" magical entities with the history of development of Glorantha. Maybe matrialistic point of view something "powerspot" or gas stations is not his favorite idea for such magical places.

Efendi has another set of idea about Glorantha and might not think Magic is  so important factor for his own.

> > *Manufacturing (Purple Fate Rune)
> >
> > In some Areas developed with mercantile economy in
> > certain level, farmers
> > begin to grow more profitable, cash crops and import
> > food. Manufactured
> > products derived from cash crops through various
> > processes have more high
> > price and uniqueness rather than that derived from
> > direct harvest of field,
> > and it makes the area which produce such the center
> > of surrounding area.
>
> I fail to understand the meaning of the above
> sentences.

 In some Areas (well-)developed with mercantile economy in certain level, farmers begin to grow [more profitable, cash crops] and (to) import food. Manufactured products (derived from cash crops through various processes) have more high price and uniqueness rather than (that derived from direct harvest of field ), and (which) makes (the area (produces such processed material)) (a) center of surrounding area.

It simply means selling manufactured material is more profitable than do same for raw material, excuse me for bad english.