Pumas and Babel

From: mcaveney_at_valinet.com
Date: Mon, 3 Nov 2003 21:07:30 GMT

Mikko:
>But what the heck are the Puma people? I mean why a puma? Are we supposed
>to take it, that there is this new-world cat wondergin all over Genertela?

>Is it really so that american gamers can't relate to the game unless they
>have their "mountain lions" climbing the foothills of Kero Fin?

No, it's not a marketing ploy. They just happen to be climbing the foothills outside Greg's window. Think about it - why would he populate Genertela with European animals?

> Not in my game.

... which is a perfectly good solution. It's only natural for your Glorantha to look like Scandinavia.

>Julian Lord:
>> The Ur-Language is a myth.

Unless it's lurking in those unread chapters of my copy of Revealed Mythologies, I've never heard it told. The barbarians might not care, but shouldn't the Lunars have a Tower of Babel analogue in their mythology? And what does Eurmal do to cause it?