Origami and other silliness

From: Julian Lord <jlord_at_free.fr>
Date: Thu, 06 Nov 2003 16:17:15 +0100

Mikko :

> My main peeve is that _all_ the examples describe very off hand gaming
> with very little immersion and speaking/thinking in character. Shouldn't
> that be something that get's demonstrated in at least the later stage
> examples?

IMHonestO, the examples by Greg are quite simply BRILLIANT !

This is the FIRST RPG I HAVE EVER READ with examples that read like things that would actually happen, and things that real people would say, in a real game. The examples are the single most important thing that convinced me that I wanted to play HeroQuest, NOT sometime in the vague future, but NOW !!

Two sessions under the belt, third one in a little over a week .... :-)

> Grown men and women arrange time for RPG, precisely because it can be
> very intense and rewarding.

YGWV. I did a lot of that in the 1990s.

> Where does all that paper come from?

Jane makes it herself, or purchases it from inscrutable Kraloriman merchants ?

d'Oh !!

;-)

Greg :

> As for the surfer dude: donīt you guys ever get players who want to PLAY?

If I didn't, I don't think I'd still be involved in this hobby ... :-)

Julian Lord

--
"Hmmm, I've heard of other powers.

... Real Life ?"