Re: Aeolianism

From: Trotsky <TTrotsky_at_blueyonder.co.uk>
Date: Tue, 11 Nov 2003 17:19:08 +0000

Gian:

>So are the Aeolians of Heortland such a small
>political reality in western culture, like the
>heortlings of Sartar are in the theyalan culture?

Mot likely, yes. Indeed, one wonders whether many westerners even think that the Aeolians are western at all. Aeolanism originated, as far as we know, in Orlanthi lands, and while it may have been influenced by the Malkioni, it doesn't claim direct descent from his teachings. At any rate, they aren't a major wizardly culture, like the Loskalmi and the Rokari are.

>Are the various "stygian" churches rival and local and
>substantially unrelated (like Arkati vs Aeolians or
>like Sartari vs. Ralian Orlanthi)

I'm not aware of any major links between the Arkati and Aeolians, although doubtless their ancestors interacted in the Dawn Age. They seem to be separate attempts to do more or less the same thing.

>or is there a sort
>of ecumenic movement of stygian churches that could
>retrace their common origin, during the hero wars
>period?

I wouldn't put it past them.

--
Trotsky