Re: Gloranthan romance

From: Trotsky <TTrotsky_at_blueyonder.co.uk>
Date: Tue, 11 Nov 2003 17:32:50 +0000

TI:

>#Western
>(I think Greg have kept sharp concern to this aspect of RW knight
>tales.....like story of Xemela and Froalar, and of course, Snodal, his first
>Glorantha Figure. I think West should have next to many romances in
>Glorantha by heortling aside from "boring" catechism and war stories, even
>if you don't use Pendragon rule and inquistors are busy to burn vulgar poets
>at stakes....)

Oh, indeed, I think its a big part of their culture, and openly acknowledged as such among groups like the Loskalmi and the Castle Coasters, even if the Rokari try to downplay it. At least two of the saints I came up with for Sorcerer Knights (neither of whom are official at this stage, I should add) have romances as major elements of their myths, and hopefully one or both will eventually make it into a later volume of Lords of the West in some form or other.

><<History of Zoria (Unfinished)

FWIW, my personal, unofficial, view of what Zoria is like is to be published in a future issue of Tradetalk.

--
Trotsky
Gamer and Skeptic