Re: Diffusion of Aeolianism

From: David Dunham <david_at_a-sharp.com>
Date: Tue, 11 Nov 2003 17:48:52 -0800

Gian

>Are the various "stygian" churches rival and local and
>substantially unrelated (like Arkati vs Aeolians or
>like Sartari vs. Ralian Orlanthi) or is there a sort
>of ecumenic movement of stygian churches that could
>retrace their common origin, during the hero wars
>period?

So far as I know, most of the churches of the Stygian Heresy (which are henotheistic), are unfriendly towards each other. While most of the modern Stygian churches probably claim to date from Arkat's era, henotheism is older than that (note the early history of Seshnela).

I think it would be a great Hero Wars event to try to unite them, even as a council of equals.

(Please note that I'm using the terms generically -- the Henotheistic Church is just one henotheistic church.)

--

David Dunham   dunham_at_pensee.com
Glorantha/HW/RQ page: http://www.pensee.com/dunham/glorantha.html