Re: Silliness

From: Simon Phipp <soltakss_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Sun, 16 Nov 2003 01:17:27 +0000 (GMT)

For what it's worth, I have never liked the silliness built into Glorantha. I always treated Ducks as a serious race and I used Indlas Somer as a minor but valid part of Glorantha. I particularly detested the Gestetner cult as it tried to shoehorn humour into Glorantha.

To my mind, Glorantha is basically serious, although the Trickster deities could be sily and the gods could do silly or humourous things. I would be against trying to fit "funny" things into Glorantha.

Having said that, we took the serious parts of Glorantha and RQ and twisted them in gameplay so that they were funny. That's far begtter than trying to make Glorantha silly - leave that to Toon.

Simon

Want to chat instantly with your online friends? Get the FREE Yahoo! Messenger http://mail.messenger.yahoo.co.uk