Chaotic Humakti and their Honour

From: Julian Lord <jlord_at_free.fr>
Date: Fri, 21 Nov 2003 10:06:03 +0100

<moved from HQ-RPG>

Reinierd :

> My point is that if you take the honor out of Humakt, he becomes a
> lot less interesting and a lot less fun. I'm not saying this to shout
> other opinions down, but to provoke thought, elicit different
> opinions and hopefully learn something new myself.
>
> I believe the existence of broo Humakti (at least on army-sized
> scale) is highly problematic because either 1) you have to get a lot
> of broo to behave honorably (whatever that means), or 2) you take the
> honor out of Humakt. How you do either is an interesting question for
> discussion.

You are confusing Humakt's honour with cultural forms of honour as espoused by Heortling Humakti.

Humakt's Honour is simple, and quite compatible with a chaotic mindset. It requires that Death and its powers will always remain in Humakt's hands, and never again get out of control as it did in the Gods War. It requires that the Humakti will do all they can to ensure that the separation of Life and Death will be maintained, and that those who conspire to ruin that balance will be killed, always including the undead.

There is no reason why Ralzakark's Sword Broo cannot hold to that ideal, notwithstanding their otherwise revolting and disgusting behaviour.

Julian Lord

--
"Hmmm, I've heard of other powers.

... Real Life ?"