Rokarism

From: Barry Blatt <bblatt_at_ntlworld.com>
Date: Sat, 22 Nov 2003 14:50:22 -0000

Another bit of a go round on Rokarism:

Me: >There may be communities that reject Joy where the catse rules are followed strictly

Greg:> As a Rule, the entire Rokari Church rejects Joy. Anyone who practidces it is going to be subject to the inquisition.

Hang on, I thought that you could only get into Solace if you followed Malkions caste laws to the letter, and thus to live any kind of life less hidebound and dull than a Brithini's you had to believe in Joy. Now if I have the theology straight, interpretations of how a believer in Joy can bend the rules will differ from sect to sect, and Rokarism is on the strict side. Perhaps Rokar, as the third prophet, rewrote the caste rules for modern times (while claiming to be reviving the old rules) including things unknown when Malkion set out the first lot such as sex and death. These new broader rules obviated the need for Joy, and stopped creative godlearnerish types making new rules up as they went along and causing disorder and sometimes Chaos.

And would the Bishops be in the Order of Rokar? Or the Order of Mardron? Rokar invented the sect. yes, but Mardron made it a political force.

But anyway, thanks to all those who stuck their fourpennorth in on my original Rokarian post; I will modify some of my Pithdaran stuff, and may even get round to bunging some on a website.

When will we see at least a table of contents for Lords of the West? Baz

End of Glorantha Digest