Humakt and Honor

From: Peter Metcalfe <metcalph_at_quicksilver.net.nz>
Date: Mon, 24 Nov 2003 22:58:22 +1300

Reinier Dobbelmann:

>I'll just accept 1) as true. But that still begs a few
>questions, like: What is Humakti honor among Orlanthi?

It's described in Storm Tribe.

When Humakt is described as Honor, he is "the guardian of oaths who ensures that those deeds sworn in his name happen. He also punishes those who swear on his name and do not deliver, whether or not their failure is persistent." (ST p90).

The next mention is the Humakti duels where the duelists are obliged to Honor the Fallen. The last mention is True Honor Day in which the Humakti celebrate the execution of Orlanth.

So what Humakt thinks as Honor is very different from the ordinary meaning of the word.

>Also, just how much can Humakti honor vary in
>different parts of Glorantha without changing the
>god's basic nature?

Quite a lot.

--Peter Metcalfe

End of Glorantha Digest