Re: Glorantha digest, Vol 9 #636 - 1 msg

From: Topi Pitkänen <topi.pitkanen_at_helsinki.fi>
Date: Wed, 3 Dec 2003 15:19:28 +0200

> why 10W3 barrier, 10W6 saints, 10W12 gods ...?
> Is that merely a game mechanics thing or is there a
> geometric rule in Gloranthan Hyperuranian Structure we
> are hinted at through these numbers?

The game mechanical thing would be that with a power difference of four masteries or greater there just is NO WAY of succeeding in a contest with superior power. That alone may explain some barrier levels in how they numerically relate to each other.

10W3 is still reachable through powerful mortal magic. Saints with 10W6 might reach - if One God so willeth - miracle treshold. Within three masteries range there can be gamble.

In my opinion this game mechanics point underlines Greg's statement of mystical forces of 10W16 range. Even immense Great Gods of 10W12 stature have to surpass themselves even to begin to grasp beyonder states of awareness, being, becoming.

-Topi Pitkänen-