Climate of Kralorela and Vormain

From: TERRA INCOGNITA <inarsus-ferilt-z_at_mrg.biglobe.ne.jp>
Date: Fri, 5 Dec 2003 23:28:15 +0900

*Kralorela and Vormain Climate

I am not sure this is debatable matter, but if you want to make the boundary of Sea of Fog large enough to cover whole of eastern areas, I have some difficulty to make Kralorela and Vormain similar to China and Japan, climate is very important for making cultures (even if Glorantha has magic to resolve....), East Asia is far more sunny and wet than USA and Europe.....we like cold raw fishes and chirping of insects in this natural condition.....(perhaps you might think that it simply indicates Japanese much similarity to trolls.....:-))

Joerg:
<<I don't think that they'd have survived the Kahar Fog all the way to Lur
Nop. Compare Magellan's first circumnavigation of South America - through a very narrow and adverse channel between Patagonia and the mainland, the Magellan Strait - rather than taking the (then unknown, of course) route south of Kap Hoorn.>>

Climate of the Bay (TI)
<<*Climate of Kralorela

But is actually Sea of Fog always in the mouth of Suam Chow? Though there is no description of climate in Genertela Book as Missing Lands, I think the boundary of Sea of Fog moving throughout year. If Kralorela is China and Vormain is Japan parallel, the temperature and weather are very fickle and changing with moisture, as RW. Especially in Typhoon Season. (See Missing Land: Teleos) And in Doldrum, I am skeptical Fog cam remain inside of it.

My opinion about Kralorelan (and Vormaino) Climate is battle between Kahar and Veldru, versus Orlanth (Serakaru) and Bitador, please read the mythology of Kahar and Harantara, Kahar said "So what?" to Mashunasan and learned only Perfect Stillness (Nenduren?), so they always suffer (enjoy?) fickleness of nature and care about the cycle of seasons carefully comparing to East Islanders (guarded by Mashunasan's blessing). (See Revealed Mythologies) http://www2u.biglobe.ne.jp/~BLUEMAGI/LandofVithela.htm

Maybe Kethaelans were destroyed by another reason. (I think Sea of Fog is mainly of Dark Season and Storm Season in Kralorela....)>>

Blue Dragon Strait (between Hun Chang and Vaska Long) by TI
<<This strait is weak in stream on the contrary of Yellow Channel, the
currents of Seluro and Sedeni are generally offsets the influence of each other by the magical effect of Kahar Sea and the power of Harantara. From Sea Season to Earth Season (In Kralori Calendar, Months of Silence, Secret and Being) it tends to Stagnation of Currents for the Strait and good for navigation of rowing even for Slow Junks, Barges and CIty-Ships of Kralori Fleets aside from Doom Currents of Outer Seas.

On the contrast, Dark and Storm Season (Experience, Though and Spirit Month), Typhoons in the battle of Teleremo and Foreign Winds of Bitador and Serakaru (Orlanth) storms alongside of Eastern Sea Area, even the calmness of Kahar is disturbed, and its fogs threatening the city and many coastal ports of Kralorela with occasional raids of Zabdamars.

The entrance to Suam Chow is patrolled by many Black Galleys of Sea War Dragons, and the Lighthouse also routinely inspects the coastside even while Typhoons stop Galleys.>>

Then, is the channel similar to Magellan Strait....or coastal area of East Asia nations?

Martin Hawley's reply
<<2: Channel of Trowjang and Kralori Fleet (TI and Joerg Baumgartner)
In my opinion the Sea of Fog is all year round its mostly magical and physical, yes i guess the route is like magellans strait. I would not get too 'lost in the mists' of these details...Hey the fog drifitng out of Kahar's sea is the least of concerns sailing near Trowjang.....>>

End of Glorantha Digest