(no subject)

From: Greg Stafford <greg_at_glorantha.com>
Date: Thu, 11 Dec 2003 10:10:48 -0800

Amigos,

>From: "Nick Brooke" <nick_at_etyries.com>

>Greg wrote:
>
>> Magic is a noncountable thing. You cannot answer
>it with=20
>> a value of "how many," just "how much." The
>numbers given
>> are approximate, variable and indefinite. At
>least, in the
>> Glorantha I know of. It is mythic, not
>mathmatical.=20
>
>In the late nineties, you were describing Sorcery
>as the type of magic
>specific to the mundane, *measurable* world,
>suggesting that sorcerous
>magic, at least, was "countable". Has this changed,
>or am I grasping the
>wrong end of the stick (that you are hitting me
>with :-)?

Hey, leggo dat stick! :)

No, this isn't another case of me ENTIRELY changing my mind with new data. I think that the material world is quite countable, an that the sorcerers are quite good at it. Nonetheless, the mythic world(s) can not be so treated. NOW, I DO believe that many/most sorcerers DO apply thier wonderful numbers to the Immaterial World. However, that doesn't make them right, and it is NOT useful to them on HQing.

Sincerely,
Greg Stafford