Re: Astronaut Earth as a short world

From: Andrew Solovay <asolovay_at_rubberducky.com>
Date: Thu, 11 Dec 2003 10:55:44 -0800

Gianfranco Geroldi <giangero_at_yahoo.com> wrote:
>> Perhaps his world is actualy a
>> simulation
>> encapsulated in a short world created by the
>> Mostali.
>> Who knows?
>> Simon Hibbs
>
> I was reasoning that maybe this one is the simplest
> and most reliable answer, for now.
>
> It neatly ducks the problem of void-travelling, but
> what is the way to justify a "short world" absolutely
> similar to RW earth (to an astronaut's eye and to a
> player's eye)?

I don't know how canonical it is, but... in the Uz:TToG writeup of Subere, one of the possible "Secrets of the Darkness" it lists is the power to open gateways to non-Gloranthan worlds and bring monsters through. Perhaps the astronauth was summoned that way (for obscure, heartless, Subere reasons). And if "void gateways" is a power of the primal Darkness, it wouldn't surprise me if it's also a power of the even more primal Chaos...