Re: Euclides

From: Gianfranco Geroldi <giangero_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Sat, 13 Dec 2003 06:44:56 -0800 (PST)

> From: Michael Schwartz <raconteurx_at_mindspring.com>
> The differences between sacred and
> mundane geometry is the same as those between
> Euclidean and non-Euclidian geometry.
> Replace Euclidean
> with Zzaburite, and you have your Gloranthan
> connection.

Roderick... I mean, Yesbut my original question involved an astronaut engineer fallen on Glorantha. Greg said no way for him to use mathemathics.

Still, an astronaut engineer is expected to know both euclidean and non-euclidean mathematics IMO, so he should be able to "measure" the zzaburite otherworld of sorcery. So Greg didn't referred to this fact.

I may be entirely wrong of course, but my question was definite in origin and not general.

Ciao,
Gian