A thought on Storm Bull

From: Chris Lemens <chrislemens_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 29 Dec 2003 12:09:23 -0800 (PST)

I don't have references at hand to check it, but I thought of an interest cultural cross over that could make for dangerous heroquesting.

According to Praxians, Storm Bull defeated Vrag Kargl Vozn, the Devil, and pinned him beneath the Block. Living pieces of the Devil still surface from time to time, so it seems that he's not dead. After defeating the Devil, Storm Bull was weak, so retreated to the Storm Hills to heal up.

According to the Heortlings, Urox defeated Ragnaglar, the father of the Devil, but Chalana Arroy persuaded him not to kill Ragnaglar. (But I forget -- didn't Urox kill him later? Or was that Vadrus?)

This could be two versions of the same event -- or at least an interesting point for speculative heroquesting. In particular, the role of Chalana Arroy seems interesting. Perhaps there was a deal struck of some sort -- don't kill the enemy, but come back with me and I'll heal you.

Chris Lemens