Re: Still in a process of translating BBW....

From: Donald R. Oddy <donald_at_grove.demon.co.uk>
Date: Sat, 14 Feb 2004 14:05:22 GMT

In message <003501c3f2b4$36c103c0$040ba8c0_at_TerraComputer> "TERRA INCOGNITA" writes:

>3: Liturgists and Wizards
>Small community like Wyrm's Hold might need liturgist for future community
>ceremonies, I am not sure how it can be maintained without enough lay
>members.....maybe in such small community, Father Theoberdt holds two posts
>at once.....maybe Don Capratis will keep Small Order of St. Gerlant in the
>hold, or it is merely a secular trading post for they don't have interest to
>make larger self supportable community like Gilam's predecessor, Garth du
>Tumerine...?
>
>Any ideas.....?

A part time liturgist, someone who's full time job provides their living but once a week they get out and read a few passages from The Abiding Book to their congregation (which may only be their family and a few friends). Chances are if anything important arose they would be completely out of their depth. I think a lot of remote places with small congregations handle it this way. It's even possible there is a church which relies entirely on part-time litugists, the way RW Methodists have lay readers rather than a separate clergy.

--
Donald Oddy
http://www.grove.demon.co.uk/