Crop yield

From: Chris Graham <dr_chris_graham_at_yahoo.co.uk>
Date: Sat, 23 Oct 2004 15:27:11 -0700 (PDT)

Himm a perverse thought came into my mind, after drinking a bottle of wine. Could you boost the effect of magic/rune spells by devoting more power backed behind community rituals. What's to stop neighbouring communities boosting your ceremony with the expectation of the reciprocal when you perform the same ritual. Of course if dependant on a specific date it falls apart. But what stops a roving band/next door neighbours boosting your ceremonal powers? Of course dependent on the favourable relations you have with neighbours. But it could be a win win situation. Opportunities for brokerage by Issaries? Potential for strained relationships ruining a ceremony? Pardon the drunken ramblings of an MBA.

Was turning over the continued thought of a "run Rabbit hat farm" farming scenario. Thinking of not only 'you're the lord controling the collective land' yet also you're the 'oppressed farmer with this B****** of a lord wanting you to grow this much barley and also patrol the land to counter threats of the community'. How much democratic powers would a free farmer have to map out their own destiny. Apologies again but I have had a bottle of wine.

Is there anyone from the seatle farming collective I could contact regarding this sort of farming scenario.

Cheers Chris

End of Glorantha Digest