Dark River Again

From: TERRA INCOGNITA <inarsus-ferilt-z_at_mrg.biglobe.ne.jp>
Date: Sun, 2 Jan 2005 17:53:17 +0900

Alwoon then served to Jeset, Ferryman of Dead and the one of Seven Sacred Ancestors.......

*About Boztakang and Arrquong.
Some of fragments can be found among Monomyth before subdivision (fragmentation?) of Glorantha Myth.

Here is some excerpts from Simon Phipp's Site.

http://www.geocities.com/Area51/Rampart/1481/monomyth.html <<When Vivamort allowed Humakt and Eurmal to steal Death, he remained behind and saw what was revealed by the theft. What he saw terrified him and sent him mad. For through the void left where Death had been came the forces of Chaos. As Vivamort fled, he was met by a God named Boztakag who tried to find out what had injured Vivamort. He saw the wound in the cosmos and found Arrquong, a Chaos Spirit who guards the entrance to Glorantha. Boztakang killed Arrquong and stole some of his powers, then he looked into the Void and saw what was to come. He used the knowledge to teach the trolls to fight what was coming.>>

I think this is power of creating magical stones of Boztakang. I am not sure how this myth can be interpreted by uz (even if Vivamort turned into Zukozor, First Kozuru in Book of Drastic Resolutions: Darkness) Arkat is called an incarnate and / or somehow a related entity of Kortagi, son of Boztakang in the same book.

*About Geography of Underworld
Underworld is somewhat confusing place at least after Great Compromise and /or definition of Heroquesting in Hero Wars / Hero Quest rules. You might find plenty of contradiction in Arcane Lore.

<<Excerpt from Speech of Greg in Japan, about heroquest in Underworld.
So if we go in [Underworld], we have our map, and they go, they have their map. If we joined, it's not our map, and not their map. It's a nightmare. (Greg Stafford. 2003 Atelier Third Copyright)>>

I don't want to start discussion again about Angels and Devils in Gloranthan Mythology (that is attributed to Heaven and Hell in RW monotheistic theology.)

Certainly Division of Sky and Underworld exist, but even the order of creation of it is not common agreement for each Gloranthan Cultures, (for example, trolls and mermans believe Darkness comes first in Mythic Age, on the contrary of Malkioni that they believe Underworld created last in Malkion Actions of their theology.)

[Mundane Plane was created by Fourth Action, Underworld was created by Fifth Action of Malkion......]

I think Uz know (or at least believe) more complicated, stractured concept of Underworld than humanity, as they originally came from there. (And merfolk know Styx more firmly and divide it into three, Edzaroun, Ivinareshesh and Dreneelo.)

Even if it is illogical and so not created before other realms from POV of malkioni. Book of Drastic Resolution: D holds Jonstown Compendium #39652: Seven Hells in p.116 (Last Page) and its summary can be found at my site here .

<<Link to my homepage: Hell of Dara Happa: Alkoth>> http://www2u.biglobe.ne.jp/~BLUEMAGI/SimcityDHAlkothHell.htm

"Missing Lands" contains some merman myth and concept of Styx, mother of
Zaramaka.

<<Alwoon's Sixth Kidnapping (Unfinished) Inspiring with my current grey days.....various journey of underworld by Greek heroes (Odysseus, Aineus, Hercules etc...) and "Der Isenhans" by Grimm Brothers.....

[In Older Setting, Sea Trolls are named Uztagor as Uz corpse, it might means that Uz Image of Travel to Wonderhome over the ferry of Jeset, over Edzaroun...]

By One of Daughters of Charmilla Softspeak, Highest Priests of Halikiv Circle of Bone Priestesses.

Listen! Children. Now I want to tell you how the hero Alwoon came to our Castle of Lead after returned from Styx. Why he opened the Cave of Curse that which Kyger Litor hid from Zorak Zoran, Wielder of Death, preventing him from attaining the position of Greatest God by it. That is why Alwoon hindered successors of Kingtroll in Guhan.

*Cave of Curse:
Alwoon worked diligently for merciless Ferryman, but there was Hidden Chamber in his master's tavern (one of Caves of Secret), and Jeset warned Alwoon not to see inside of the Cave. (Similar to the some old folktale)

*Kidnapping of Dryad Seed
After Jeset appointed Alwoon as the steward of his Silent Tunnel Palace on the shore of Edzaroun, even though Jeset wasn't cruel master, showing many wonders and secret paths and knowledges of Underworld (mystery of Dreneelo, Ivinareshesh and Edzaroun), Jeset didn't have spiteful wives either and several times he accompanied Alwoon with Journey, Alwoon was unhappy. Because Jeset banned Alwoon to play his flute while he looked after the palace. He hid Alwoon's flute one of the deepest, secret cave and sealed it.

Jeset explained to his senescal, "Here is the palace of Silence where it is forbidden to the joy of song and vibration. And without your flute and music, you will understand the secret of Darktongue which is contained inside of the curse upon me which Kyger Litor inflicted on me." But Alwoon wasn't convinced.

Jeset didn't close the entrance of the cave except drawing some magical signs around it. Alwoon's only permitted song was Elly's Song which informed his master (just returned from the trip) about the status of Palace. (as Rapunzel and Witch)

One time, as usual, while Jeset departed to sail the Edzaroun, Alwoon could not stand with the threatening silence of Jeset's Palace, he went to the secret cave and found his flute inside of the net of the child of Orani Mor without its owner, he picked up it, playing and entertaining himself by making new songs.

While he made his music, he saw the mirage by his darkeye of the scheme he wanted to describe over the wall of the cave. At a moment, Alwoon thought he saw his dead uncle Jamuz. But it quickly faded out. He realized after that time, he realized one of string of the nest stuck to his hide and couldn't remove it.

Jeset usually sang in front his palace usually absent from him, singing Jonny's song to Seneschal. Alwoon has replied by singing Elly's Song and opened the gate for the master.

Alwoon realised that the glue of net was too gooey and sticky, so he could not remove it. When Jeset returned from his journey, checking the hand of Alwoon and said, "I know you could not keep my order! But I forgive you now this, don't do it again!"

Next time, when Jeset went to visit Hurtplace again, Alwoon tried to stand against the threatening silence, but after long silence, he couldn't help to go the cave of Orani Mor and tried to see his good uncle again, at this time, he cautiously avoid the gluing net and tried to remove his flute, but he failed again and the net attached to his head.

Alwoon played his flute again, at this time, Alwoon saw his uncle Jamuz clearly. Perplexing about it, his uncle joining to the army of Boztakang fell to the trap and surrounded by the Burning circle of Flame Death as if it was Hurtplace, Alwoon's uncle saw his nephew and tried to speak, but his voice didn't reach Alwoon as Alwoon's voice to his uncle.

Alwoon realised that the glue of net was too gooey and sticky, so he could not remove it. When Jeset returned from his journey, checking the hand of Alwoon and said, "I know you could not keep my order! But I forgive you now this, but next time is the last!"

When Jeset left Alwoon and didn't return long time again, Alwoon could not stand three times. He rushed to the cave and grabbed his flute even though the net of Orani Mor entangled him and the master of the net showed up to him and threatened, but Alwoon played his tune and its sound made the Spider sleep. Finally Alwoon saw his Uncle Jamuz was tormented inside of the circle of fire made by Enemy, inside of Burning Hell of Hanroo, where Mother of Mother was tormented eternally by Fire.

"Hey uncle, why do you suffer, even after you went Wonderhome?" Alwoon asked
to his uncle.

"After we departed, I joined the army of my God, Boztakang to fight against
Chaos and its minions, but demons knew me and called their slaves and Chaos helped Enemy.

  When we went to the Deepest Crack, following the track of Zukozor (Vivamort) to create magical stones of Arrquong, we realised we missed our route. We realised we encountered another battle against Chaos, but more fierce battle of Kolasting and D'Wargon. And Burning Power of Chaos overwhelmed us and fire circle surrounded us and enemy demons.

  We realised Uz Shadow Warriors (Arkati) of Ralios arrived the outside of Circle and saw our suffering, but they didn't help us but rather fanned the Flame to
shut up us, I will suffer forever inside of this fire eternally if you cannot help us."

"I want to help you, uncle." Alwoon said.

"But my master, Jeset banned me to do so!"

"Come here." Uncle Jamuz pointed out the hole to the Depth of the Womb that
Alwoon didn't realise until then. Alwoon hesitated for a while but eventually jumped in the hole after all. >>

<<Unfinished....>>.

End of Glorantha Digest