RuneQuest/Glorantha Forum/Alternative Glorantha metaphysics

From: David Ford <diadochi_at_bigfoot.com>
Date: Sun, 23 Jan 2005 16:15:54 +0000

>Sorry, my fault. Before the days of the RQ/Glorantha diaspora there was a
>single, very large and very busy mailing list. It was so large and so busy,
>and the people who liked Glorantha but didn't like RuneQuest got along so
>poorly with the people who liked RuneQuest but not Glorantha, that when I
>somehow ended up taking over the mailing list, I broke it into two lists.
>And it's only split up more since then, as HeroWars/HeroQuest became its
>own system.
>
>Anyhoo, mea culpa.
>
>Cheers,
>Loren

Well, not need to admit to any fault mate. You did a great job. Anyhow Graham has said that discussions about classic Glorantha as well as RQ-Glorantha are welcome in this forum so that is pretty cool with me.

On another topic we all know the abbreviation YGMV. Well as you know the metaphysics of Glorantha is definitely mythology in canon sources. Yet I like the alternative idea of metaphysics being defined by the runes.

I wonder has anyone written their own home brewed rules about runes, or cooked up ideas in the past or seen anything posted on the web about Gloranthan runes that might be of use to me?

Cheers,

David

End of Glorantha Digest