Re: Glorantha digest, Vol 11 #10 - 6 msgs

From: Labrygon_at_aol.com
Date: Sat, 22 Jan 2005 07:28:59 EST

In a message dated 22/01/2005 10:59:07 PM AUS Eastern Standard Time, glorantha-request_at_rpglist.org writes:

> I wonder if anyone would care to start a list about the role and place of
> honour in the compilation of dictionaries! Now there is an argument for
> Lankhor Mhy and Buserians to discuss!

While not exactly concerned with dictionaries I have been trying to work out a game converning the translation of Auld Wyrmish documents in which players would take on the role of learned sages: wise, intelligent, well read, scholarly, biased, small minded, quarrelsome and political. They would argue and
dicuss the real meaning of old documents found in the ruins of the Big Rubble. The
game would be competitive as each sage would have an agenda, and the scholars would have different translations, fragmentary primary sources, copies with dubious scribal errors, missing words, censored parts etc (all made up, for the most part by the players).

I did a short game where players came up with some Wyrmish definitions and wanted to expand on that.

Keith