Re: Angels not in Glorantha

From: Nils Weinander <nils_at_weinander.org>
Date: Thu, 20 Jan 2005 13:50:43 +0100

Mike Gibb:

> Well, I don't want to dredge it all up again either - I was on the "angel"
> isn't really a term for Glorantha side of the fence - but just read the
> Glorious Re-Ascent of Yelm for the first time. It is full of the term, so
> sky-world denizen it is then...

That is, to a Dara Happan.

As has been mentioned before, the word angel means messenger, supposedly divine messenger. So, it is quite plausible that other Gloranthan cultures have words that would translate as angel, but which refer to daimones/spirits/essences from other parts of the otherworlds than the sky.

Nils Weinander
We sail on a ship made of dreams