Uleria myth into Hero Wars prophecy

From: Topi Pitkänen <topi.pitkanen_at_helsinki.fi>
Date: Mon, 17 Jan 2005 18:00:56 +0200

On Anaxila's Roster [on the Issaries puplication, not on the original gloranthan manuscript i'd suppose - hm, maybe it gets written there during The Ship In The Sky events...] There's a myth of how:

  Uleria Tames the Boggles
...and that's why love comes mixed with so much disorder.

[Now here is a way to interpret the myth as a Hero Wars prophecy. First, one should tell (or be familiar with) the orlanthi myth. It explains how the beings of pRkl disorder became conquered by puRe love. But there is one sequence alteration one should make to the standard version in the Anaxial's Roster. Orenoar and Harana Ilor should switch places for the sakes of symmetry.]

Here is the short of original myth.

Disordery Boggles disturb Acos the God of Law. Acos offers himself, the cosmic law, as the reward for anyone getting the hell rid off the bggly pests!

Larnste, change, tries. Boggles learn to flee.
Tylenea, illusion, tries. Illusions become fabrications.
Orenoar, truth, tries. Truth shatters to tiny pieces.
Kargan Tor, end, tries, looks ridiculous, gives up.

Uleria, love, offers herself as the temptation, bugglies can't resist. They eat love up and become tangled by her. Acos rewards Uleria. Thus did the power of Love overcome Disorder first.

What does that mean, Uleria was first?

By Issaries I'll tell you, and may the bearers of space of Kolat be my wittnes. The world is healing, ever slowly. Since Orlanth & Ernalda showed us how to heal it, how to live in it, how to Bear the hurt.

Bloody snots of Rats.., u'know, were first overpowered by Uleria. That turned the Tide of things like inside out, from falling into evermore disarrenge. That's the way things are now. Allthough the world is still full of Eurmal's and will ever be. There will be no end for Disorder for Kargan Tor gave up. The End never conguered a boggle and never will. Thus there'll be no end for the shite.

I learned the hows and whys of this from the Blackhanded man that lives Up to the marsh. Him told me it was because of Kargan Tor who turned away that Uleria overcamed and tamed the Boggles. It's like Death, it's _not there_ to hinder Life, but to aid it, to ennoble it, to shape it. Only then Love of Uleria, without her opposing power, was stronger than the chaos that all Acos was fighting against, touch and go.

The man in the marsh said that the cosmic power of Endings understood this something that I cannot. The only way for to defeat the boggles was not to defeat them. This, Him said, lead the world to Silver Age. With Heort, we came through, we fought, we won.

This thing with cosmic beings - is that their all the same - at least that way they seem to me. Each Terrible and Infinite, like Umath! When one was able to beat the bad, they all became able to. It's like what we do during the sacred time.

There was the eight-one that gnawed the Harp of Harana Ilor. The second to overcome Disorder was Harmony. After Harmast dealt with the *ptui* of Loko Moko and Arkat, the eight-one was as-it-had-been no more. This was the Dawn Age.

There was The One Truth before the boggling questions broke her. Well it seems like they put Oreanoar back together again in the *youf* height of an age of the Wyrm Empire before Alakoring came. That is all past.

So it is the time of Heroes now, and as you can gather it is the turn of Tylenea that we're having. We may be neck deep in Fear and Confusion with whats going on, but we must prevail. So let's. We may have to give up some of our own ways - for the treasures that right now seem mere illusions. Don't be deceived, She will be back.

So trust into your Visions of Glory, for in the very future of our time, your visions can be, will be and should be _very real_. And this is why we should take on this Quest. For when it's finished, it will be time for big time Larnste - and the bloody boggles will be surprised.

-Topi Pitkanen-

"There is nothing like desire for preventing the thing one   says from bearing any resemblance to what one has in mind." - Marcel Proust, Rememberance of Things Past -

End of Glorantha Digest