RE: Re: Glorantha Digest, Vol 11, Issue 52

From: (nil)
Date: Wed, 16 Mar 2005 08:02:27 -0000

> Are the battle scenes, historically dubious (understatement of the
> week) though they are, perhaps handy at showing warband-type combat?

I doubt it very much. I'd be *less* inclined to trust their depiction of warband-type combat than I would their historical accuracy. What that probably depicts is what you get if a few hundred untrained extras are pushed into costume, handed spears, and given hasty instruction on how to look convincing to small children without actually risking damaging anyone.

At best, it'll be re-enactors - who, while they may know what the real thing should look like, normally put a great deal of effort into *not* hurting the opposition.

> Perhaps Sartarites waving their arses at the Provincial Army
> or something?

Maybe - or you could save that tactic for the baboons?