(unknown charset) Re: Money, money, money

From: (nil)
Date: Mon, 14 Mar 2005 09:31:37 -0800

> > I love the idea of tax collectors offices filled with cows and sheep. :=
)

> Have you seen the film Rob Roy? There's a scene where a Proctor is
collecting
> taxes from the Highlanders and keeps being paid with rabbits, sheep and
such
> like, and he asks in desparation something like "another rabbit, have ye
no
> coin". Which says it all really.

Too bad that rabbits hadn't been introduced into the Highlands yet in that period - it should have been hares. That was one of the very few historical problems we noticed with Rob Roy (unlike, say, Bravefart, which had very few *true* historical bits...)

RR
C'est par mon ordre et pour le bien de l'Etat que le porteur du pr=C8sent a fait ce qu'il a fait.
- Richelieu