(unknown charset) Re: Aeolians and the Windstop

From: vpw
Date: Mon, 14 Mar 2005 15:46:52 -0800

> Light Castle:
>

   >> Still, that's got to be pretty shocking for them, to have a Pagan
>> God killed/chained and then your magic vanishes.

Peter M:

> Except that the Aeolians believe their saints are the same as the pagan
> gods, just correctly worshipped.

Aye, it won't be a problem for any halfway-competent apologist. Putting on my Aeolian Preacher hat: (ahem)

Clearly the pagan Heortlings, in their ignorant way, have *some* connection to St. Worlath, since he does grant them storm magic. Being ignorant heathens, they think they have made a connection to a "god" named "Orlanth", but we know better. Evidently St. Worlath has condescended to help them, even though they worship him under a false name and with mistaken beliefs, because St. Worlath is patient and merciful, as God wants him to be.

The ignorant heathen Lunars tried to kill "Orlanth". Naturally, they could not do so, since (a) There is no such being as "Orlanth", and (b) St. Worlath is in Solace, where those silly heathens couldn't touch him. But their black arts[*] *did* succeed in preventing Heortlings from getting help from "Orlanth"--which is to say, from St. Worlath. They have somehow blocked the channel which St. Worlath uses to grant his blessings--and this has affected us, as well as the Heortlings. But Worlath and God will, in their good time, rectify this. In the meantime, Ehilm is still quite helpful.

[*] ...or red arts, depending on the day of the week.