(unknown charset) re: Ramalians

From: (nil)
Date: Sun, 13 Mar 2005 10:12:14 -0800

Peter

>The original Ramalians were not pig-folk and the Harandings dwelt to
>the Northeast.

Hmm. That's not how I interpret Shannon's Kingdom of Night part 1 in Tradetalk 4: "one faction began to war against the hsunchen Entruli, drivingn four of the Entruli tribes -- the Ramali, the Heerili, the Maniri, and the Weneli -- out of Kethaela and west into Slontos. Two tribes of Entruli, the Drorgalrites and the Vathmai, remained in Esrolia."

Broken Council Guidebook shows 4 of these six, plus Mraloti. (I think the Heerili are actually on the later-sunken portion of Slontos -- see the Dawn Age map. And we know the Vathmai survived as well.)

So I believe there were at least 7 groups of pig people in this general area. Some of them were theist, and some were animist. The distinction might be difficult to see at times, as it's implied in Anaxial's Roster that the ancestor of all Ramalian pigs is Mralota. It may be particularly easy for pig-folk to jump the fence (especially since in our world, some forms of pig husbandry involve both domestic pigs and wild boars). Calling all of them "hsunchen" might not be strictly accurate (though it might have been so at 0 ST), but it might have been a close approximation.

--

David Dunham