(unknown charset) Re: [glorantha] web site comments

From: (nil)
Date: Sun, 13 Mar 2005 16:47:32 -0800

At 11:39 +0900 05-03-13, TERRA INCOGNITA wrote:

>>As for <http://www2u.biglobe.ne.jp/~BLUEMAGI/MalkioniCastes.htm>, I
>>don't think any of the Malki churches can be said to have a
>>religious center, in that they're all too small and scattered.

>Then Patriarch of Nikosdros is not a religious position, on contrary
>of my image of Jewish Patriarchs?

The word does not automatically imply a religious leader.

In any case the Malki churches aren't really common enough to have a center -- some are found only in a single city. The only real exception is the Sedalpists (who are found in every city), but the Patriarch of Nikosdros is not acting like a Sedalpist. (According to Elder Races Book, Cerngoth has a "far-reaching and sustained alliance with the aldryami.")

Since no other church is widespread enough to really need a Patriarch as leader, I lean towards using one of the other meanings. The sources are ambiguous, however. YGWV.

--

David Dunham