Re: Glorantha Digest, Vol 11, Issue 49

From: Light Castle <light_castle_at_sympatico.ca>
Date: Sat, 12 Mar 2005 11:34:14 -0500

On 12 Mar 2005 at 12:00, Peter Metcalfe wrote:

> The Aeolian Church is *not* "misapplied worship of Orlanth" so their magic
> doesn't fail. Anybody that worships Saint Worlath which is misapplied
> worship of Orlanth will be affected (although I'm surprised to see Ehilm
> having a greater presence in the keywords than Worlath).

Huh. My mistake. I thought they worshipped Orlanth as the invisible god. But it does
seem that the lay people do worship the invisible god according to the way the Hero
Book is written. So do they use the Abiding Book? This means the lay people are in fact
NOT doing misapplied worship (not that it matters since most don't concentrate at that
level) only the Orderly and Wizardly schools?

It does seem Worlath is only around in the nobles according to the book.

> >Still, that's got to be pretty shocking for them, to have a Pagan
> >God killed/chained and then your magic vanishes.
>
> Except that the Aeolians believe their saints are the same as the pagan
> gods, just correctly worshipped.

Well, if it is just the saints, then yes, less shocking, true.

LC