Re: Amount of iron per scimitar?

From: Simon Miller <simonmiller60_at_fsmail.net>
Date: Thu, 10 Mar 2005 12:20:02 +0100 (CET)

Jane, I notice you clipped off the health warming on the larger scimitar:- "Note to belly dancers: This sword is well balanced and can be used for traditional sword dances. However, the edge should be removed prior to dancing. We will be happy to remove the edge for you at no cost."
I felt I should include this in case anyone out there is a closet belly dancer. ;-)

I was very interested in the earlier post (Donald's?) which suggested that the SteelSword legion must have been armed with straight swords rather than scimitars, because the Dwarf-made swords pre-date the Lunar empire.

The Steelswords seem to be armed in quasi-roman tradition (square shields, throwing spears and they used field fortifications), so I have a hunch that the swords might be gladius shaped, and used for thrusting. If the swords were designed for dwarves, does this mean that they are shortswords (which would again fit in fairly well with the Roman connection). Or were the dwarves making them for humans, in which case any sort of sword is possible?

Is it possible that the swords might have been reforged into scimitars?

Simon
simonmiller60_at_fsmail.net >-- fears another of his units of Lunar Miniatures is about to be consigned to the dustbin of history

Message date : Mar 10 2005, 11:00 AM