Currency and change

From: Jeff Richard <RichJ_at_foster.com>
Date: Thu, 10 Mar 2005 10:07:06 -0800

>All this interesting talk about coins and cash economies and the
effects has me thinking
>about that 1 cow=20 lunars exchange in Thunder Rebels. Is that the
basic exchange out
>in rural land where the tribes are? Does that shift around when you get
to the cities,
>where cash is more prevelant? Does that get higher or lower? In the
city, does it cost 40
>lunars to a cow? Or 10?

I don't think it is necessary, prudent or even sane to try to figure out precisely the effect of Lunar occupation, tribute and influx of specie on prices in Sartar - I think this is something that folk should play around with according to the needs of their own campaign. Needless to say, I think that the 1613-1627 period is a time of great upheaval and change for the Sartarites. Some of this is obvious - like Lunarized kings and chiefs, marauding Lunar patrols and guerilla warfare by the rebels. Some of this is less obvious - the influx of currency, the destruction of old elites and the rise of new men.

Jeff