Red Hot Iron

From: Greg Stafford <greg_at_glorantha.com>
Date: Tue, 8 Mar 2005 15:53:06 -0600 (CST)

Gloranthaphiles,

> From: Peter Metcalfe <metcalph_at_quicksilver.net.nz>
and
> Joerg:

plus others...

...have been carrying on an interesting and colorful debate about iron.

As usual, Peter reveals his knowledge and sensibility about many things, but I am afraid his generally well informed opinion seems to be based on an error this time.

Much of this begins from his assumption tht the Loskalmi have 30,000 iron-clad knights, many with barding.
This is an error. They are armored with the usual bronze. Some have iron, yes. Most, no.

Issaries has asked Joerge to submit an article on iron, since I agree wih many of his ideas.

Sincerely,
Greg Stafford
Issaries, Inc., publisher of HeroQuest: Roleplaying in Glorantha. P.O. Box 272914 Concord, CA 94527
See our site at <www.HeroQuest-rpg.com>.